View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about
Default Problem with bluetooth echo

This is not a "my bluetooth is cutting out" problem or a "can I stream audio via bluetooth" thread, which is pretty much all that turned up in my search.

Basically the problem I'm having is on my end everything sounds and works great, but on the other caller's end, they get a bad echo from feedback. So they say something and two seconds later they hear their own voice, apparently because the microphone is picking up the sound from the speakers. I tested this with a friend and it happens all the way until I get the volume really low, like 8, but at that point I can't even hear the other person when I'm on a highway. If I have the volume at a comfortable level for me, the other caller can easily hear an echo and then there are communication problems when I try to talk and they hear an echo at the same time as I talk.

Is there any way I can fix this issue? Anyone else have this problem? Surely I can't be the only one. Maybe I need to re-pair my phone and just talk louder when I'm setting it up so that it lowers the microphone gain? I guess I could try that but I'm not optimistic.

*edit* This is on a touring non-nav (bose) system.