Thread: WTF is this???
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
um, just realized, the "ART" pipes ARE test pipes. So your statement contradicts itself.
the motordyne Art pipes are test pipes with a hemholz (sp?) resonator so they don't give that raspy, sh!tty sound that a "regular" test pipe does. Apparently, they're even better than your normal resonated TPs as well. Seem to also pick up a couple hp over all the other TPs to boot.

No way of knowing if it's safe or not to drive around w/o an updated tune to account for the TPs w/o knowing a/f ratios, but if it were me (and I'd throw your bud's tp's on asap just to get those sh!tty HFCs outta there), I'd just keep it under 4K rpms and no heavy throttle until I could get the car on the dyno and retuned. If you got tuned originally at HP logic, I believe they offer a significant discount when you come back for retunes, so hopefully you won't be out of pocket too much more $$.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote