View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
redline727
Base Member

Drives: '13 MUSTANG GT 6MT
redline727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Not everyone who has a Z that fell into the TSB build period has been affected. I'm one (Knock on wood) Also most of the high oil temps people are talking about are not hitting limp mode. Who knows how high the oil temps got in your S2K, since that little gauge is there people tend to get more paranoid. Every car has its problem, I'm sure the S2K was not perfect.
No it wasn't perfect but most mechanical problems can be layed at the feet of the owner through modification that the car wasn't designed to handle, like blowing the rear or something from increased power and 1/4 Mile drag racing. So I can't fault Honda for that. But some people with the consumption issue are not even modified or track their car. I just have an even harder time on trying to figure out the reasoning on why some experience it and some don't. You would think it would be something you could pin point with a cause. Like an issue with burning oil maybe through piston rings or valve seals, head gasket, ect. Typically if you service your car properly and drive "normal" and lost oil you would look for the why? So I guess it's not so much the issue is there for some but I've read no explanation on why it's happening. Sorry im just nervous lol this just Isnt the stuff you want to see after dropping 28k on a used car haha. Plus I looked for recalls and TSB's before I got it and didn't see this one anywhere. Oh well I'll just keep my fingers crossed bc I don't even want to think about having the short block replaced I feel like the car is never the same kind of like after an accident and you get it back from the body shop it just doesn't feel right haha

Last edited by redline727; 07-30-2011 at 08:56 PM.
redline727 is offline   Reply With Quote