View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
redline727
Base Member

Drives: '13 MUSTANG GT 6MT
redline727 is on a distinguished road

Ok so I'm a first time Z owner only had mine for a little over a month got it used with 10k on it and just learning about the consumption and temp oil issues. Maybe I am freaking out a little bit bc my last car was an S2000 and drove it hard everyday shifting at 8k on a regular basis bc that's what the motor was designed to do and would never 2nd guess the quality of the F22C1. So I'm confused why people take this matter so lightly. High oil temps and consumption simply should not happen especially when people are just daily driving. There's no excuse IMOP. I've read multiple threads where people are saying Nissan is giving them crap about fixing it! Also the TSB narrows it down to certain dates, to me that means Nissan recognized an issue an fixed it for 2011 right? So what was the cause of the consumption and what was changed in the short block that no longer causes consumption? These are questions I have and won't even dare ask the dealership bc I also read many people reporting their dealer not even aware of the TSB. So anybody go through getting their short block replaced and receive a logical answer from their dealer? I don't know but if You make a car with 332hp shift at 7400rpm and have the first rev matching 6MT something tells me you should be able to drive the car hard without thinking, oh maybe i should check my oil every morning bc i may have lost some even though i change my oil every 3k. Sorry for my rant I just don't think we should have these worries. Now I'm going to check my oil and pray I don't have this problem.
redline727 is offline   Reply With Quote