View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
kevr6
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinistr View Post
IThere are three classes of "Modified" to help folks rank themselves against cars with similiar levels of modification. Street-Modified (<15-mods)...to Ultra-Modified (25+ mods). My Nismo (though stock looking) has the following "mods"...clear bra, oil cooler, intake, nismo shifter, braided brake lines, Sony DVD/Bluetooth Head-Unit, aftermarket oil cap, Nismo shift knob, short-shifter kit, Nismo tire valve caps, license plate cover, stainless engine bolts... Although not highly visible or obvious...each of these counts as a "modification" per the rules and pushes the car out of Stock class. Within "Stock" class, you're permitted up to 3 mods to stay in the class...even though you're still docked the up to 3 mods allowed. This whole thread is leading me to believe that your Z would have been better suited for either Nissan or Ultra modified class. I'd be happy to help you determine proper class for your Z...it's a simple question of counting visible modifications. This is the same approach of judging that many concourse shows follow...the ZCCA rules actually morphed out of other long-standing concourse judging criteria (think of any big concourse event...i.e. Pebble Beach, Huntington Beach, Amelia or the more local Glenmoor Gathering).

I guess we just have different interpretations on the word "Modified". To me all that you listed as mods I would have not listed on my mod sheet. I actually have all of that installed also but don't list them.
Bottom line you absolutely have to admit that the whole thing seemed funny. My wife, friends, alot of ZCON folks all came up to me and made a comment.

I'm not a trouble maker and do not think my car is the best thing out there. But if you add each thing up it makes you wonder. That's the point of my thread and that is all. I didn't even get that upset at the Banquet. This is not to bash or tell folks to not attend ZCON. You have politition style which is fine. But how can you not look at the step by step with the events and not see why it would raise questions???

Waterfest is the biggest VW/Audi car show in North America. Two days and over 21,000 spectators. Huge in comparison. I judged for 4 years straight and it was hard long days of work due to the car count! I focused on MK3 chassis since I had that vehicle at the time and new it so well. I refused to show my car those years because I felt that it wasn't apropriate. I also dealt with mods and cleaniness and presentaion seperately.
So my point was that it didn't feel like our cars had that style of judging when talking to the judges face to face.

Note to all! This thread is just my experience and I do not encourage folks to not attend ZCON based on my experience! There are some great people there and great Z stories.

Also: anybody who have pics please post since I am so bad at taking photos during these events.