View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #43 (permalink)
11Thumper
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z, '01 S2k
11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian370 View Post
I just talked to my buddy, the service manager at another dealer.
May I ask why you didn't take it to this dealer? Perhaps not a Nissan dealer...just asking.

This is why I don't mod cars like I used to. Back in the day I had a supercharged Civic Si and needed a part (not related to the supercharger) replaced under warranty. It was crazy how I had to fight it because they blamed the supercharger for it. Sure, I won without too much of a fight but it was a PITA to deal with. I became friends with the Service Manager later on and he told me tons of "kids" were modding those cars and blowing crap up, then expecting the dealer to fix for free. I mod my motorcycles now and buy cars I'm content with off the dealer lot, then throw an extended warranty on there so I don't have to deal with it. I run high oil temps in the Z if I'm in the mountains and I don't have an oil cooler. If my junk blows I'll let Nissan deal with it...I even use OEM oil filters. Nothing (component related) for them to argue against.

Well, I got off topic...

It doesn't sound like you are trying to take advantage of Nissan here. It's unfortunate that they're denying the warranty repair and I suggest you fight it. Was there any other damage to the internals of the engine? Were they able to determine that the car had adequate oil pressure?

Best of luck to you...
11Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote