View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #137 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Matt, your argument doesn't work. There's nothing wrong with the LS series of engines. In fact, the LS7 is a very modern take on a pushrod design. Just because it's an old design doesn't mean it's a bad one.
You said it yourself though, it is just a modern take on a old engine design.
I never said the engine was bad or horrible, I am just saying GM needs to focus on the future instead of constantly rebuilding from the past glory years.

Why am I limited to just NA motors? We are talking about all motors here, throw in V6TT or V6SC and they easily match the LS7 on all levels including cost, weight, MPG. This is the modern world, NA engines are just a small fraction, boost or variations of boost are easily competitive, just as cheap and offer equal (if not more most of the time) power with MPG.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote