View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
zinistr
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nismo - Silver
zinistr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to zinistr

Hi Kevin...

I'm truly sorry I goofed your slide up...it was in no way intentional. Likely, it's the result of a 7am start to help the local team get all the cars in, judged, etc. and ended up with 45 minutes to put a PowerPoint together from 400 images of cars without names associated to them. BTW...my wife's car image didn't make it either as there wasn't a photo of her car in the photos I received from the photographer. That's the fun of the host club choosing to have both car show and banquet in the same day...it's very tight to be ready for the banquet presentation.

BTW, I did not judge your car nor any 370z for that matter as I had a 370z at the show. Another team did and a computer tallies the winners...I am handed them to cobble a presentation together and try and sift through photos to match them up. I have a room full of trophies from my '91's car show days...I could care less about winning another.

As for "stock-looking" versus yours...you're right in that yours is much more modified. Unfortunately, that means very little in a points-judging car show unless modifications are executed perfectly. There are three classes for modified in the ZCCA Judging Manual...Street, Nissan, and Ultra. All are explained here: http://www.zcca.org/downloads/ZCCA_JudgingManual_2009.pdf. Copies were available at the show and on the convention website prior to the event...sounds like you may not have read these(?). No matter what "number" of mods a car has, it's the fit, finish and quality that is judged. I've seen cars at this type of concourse-style judging with 100k+ dumped into them to lose to a lightly modded car because the car was dirty. I'm not saying that's where you lost points, but judged-competition is not a popularity-style judging (i.e. like People's Choice awards).

I'm not sure I like the personal photo animation...you should have nabbed my pic at the pool (much better material to work from!).

I'm happy to discuss and make amends however I can!!

Feel free to call me on my mobile or PM me here on the forum.

Thanks,

Chris
440-343-1664
1970 Datsun 240z (HLS #201) & '71 240z "Zuns Z"
1991 300zx TT 'ZINISTR' & '93 300zx Vert TT "MASTR"
1994 300zx Vert 'BREEZZY' & 1995 300zx Z32 Coupe
2009 NISMO Edition 370Z, Silver #196
zinistr is offline   Reply With Quote