View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #102 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
The only way the ZR1 is going to cost that much is taking tires into account, in which case, yeah, it will cost you are absolutely right. 335 series rubber is not cheap.

I have owned my Z06 now for almost half a year and it has cost me...$165 in maintenance. That includes an oil-change I didn't technically need (585 miles I change oil), and a few cans of Clutch fluid as that will get dirty and I am OCD about changing it out every time I drive it (totally unwarranted, but hey, cheap insurance). Oh, and some washer-fluid I need to buy.

Z06 and ZR1 maintenance are identical from what I understand, except regarding maybe oil capacity or something. Not sure.
Brakes are different, tires are different, supercharger maintenance.
There are some solid differences that up the ZR-1 cost, not to a crazy level but on par with the GT-R over time.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote