View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #101 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Actually from what I have read and talked to a few guys (some of who own a GT-R & ZR-1), the ZR-1 is only a little cheaper per year early on and more expensive other years. So actually, the ZR-1 with overall maintenance is the same. You are picking out a single larger expense for the GT-R and trying to throw it all up in the air as some high exaggeration when in reality it is not that bad, even compared to the American top tier cars.
The only way the ZR1 is going to cost that much is taking tires into account, in which case, yeah, it will cost you are absolutely right. 335 series rubber is not cheap.

I have owned my Z06 now for almost half a year and it has cost me...$165 in maintenance. That includes an oil-change I didn't technically need (585 miles I change oil), and a few cans of Clutch fluid as that will get dirty and I am OCD about changing it out every time I drive it (totally unwarranted, but hey, cheap insurance). Oh, and some washer-fluid I need to buy.

Z06 and ZR1 maintenance are identical from what I understand, except regarding maybe oil capacity or something. Not sure.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote