View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
nismonster
Base Member

Drives: 09 NISMO #349
nismonster is on a distinguished road
Post Backup Camera Install - Need Help

I did a search and looked through 16 posts regarding backup cameras, but couldn't find the info that I need...if i just missed it please direct me to the post

Got this CCD camera from ebay for $79 shipped - NISSAN 370Z CCD NTSC Car Rear View Backup Camera | eBay

So there's the camera that i bought...on the end with the camera it has a red (power) and yellow (video) plug along with a red wire and black wire, both wires are pretty thin (18 guage?). On the end that attaches to the headunit (avic-910bt) there is a yellow (video) plug and a thin red wire. The way the wires are coiled in the picture can appear misleading.

My question is where the thin wires go. It seems they need to go to some kind of power source, so what i was thinking would probably be the NORMAL course of action would be to hook up the thin red wire on the headunit's side to my headunit's REMOTE wire, and then to hookup the thin red wire on the camera's side to the reverse light power wire and ground the black wire.

Does this sound right?

Also, is there going to be a wire on the back of my headunit that i will need to run all the way to the reverse light power wire? I just want to make sure it will come on when i shift into reverse.

If I need clarifications let me know...any advice is greatly appreciated.
nismonster is offline   Reply With Quote