View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_sk View Post
Hey Justin,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah S4 is great, and I'd love a new one, but at like 50k+ ... I can't see the sense in breaking the 50k wall for a car. At this point in my life, even if I could/can swing it. Anyways...

Yeah the mod list looks pretty good. I think I'm down with all of those.

The real question I have is, how are people handling warranties w/those mods? Judging by what the dealer said in Brooklyn, I don't see how anyone can mod a damn thing and still retain a warranty.

I just reached out to Koepel Nissan, thanks.

I'm going to continue searching around, thanks.
/\ your fear about warrantee issues, while def a valid one, is something that really will/can vary from dealership to dealership. I've got no issues at my dealership in FL that I go to and I've cultivated a very "cozy" relationship with the GM, mechanic, even got to know the owner a bit etc.

Just to give you an idea as far as modding potential, I baseline dynoed stock at 296 whp. After installing the long tube headers and exhaust (no tune or anything else) and redynoed a month or two later and got 326 whp. So +30 whp with full exhaust mods from the block back and total cost for parts was around $2900ish. I've since added drop ins and a tune but haven't had a chance to go redyno at the same place I always go (like to use the same dyno so the comparos are more valid).

I think the 370z is a very fun car with decent potential for mods and won't break the bank doing them either. It gets decent gas mileage and looks great.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote