View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #97 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Was hoping you would quote that article, that is one of the most BS slated writing I have ever seen.
Labor is about 300-400 over (should be closer to 400-450 total), fluid is only $50 a quart, not sure who raped them on the 80+ charge there. Honestly, any person I talk to who owns a GT-R, which is a lot of guys, laugh whenever someone says it is expensive to maintain the car. The price for maintenance is exactly on par for what you get with the car. No, the car is not some older American V8 where I can buy parts from Auto Zone and get it running, so it is not going to have the same $45 oil change special.
So what you're saying is...$400 labor + $400 for the ATF + the fluid/labor for the diff?

Other than brakes, nothing on the Z06 costs close to that to maintain. In fact, nothing NEEDS maintaining. Just change the oil when it's time on the DIC, and the brakes if/when they need it. That's it. Basically, I can get 75K miles worth of oil-changes for 1 transmission/diff change in a GT-R using YOUR prices. If you change your transmission fluid twice, it will cover also a new set of rotors/pads for the Z06, although they should only require turning unless you run the pads down to the rivets.

*Oh wait, the Z06 cabin-filter has a 24K mile service life, IIRC, or something similar. $40?-ish?
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote