View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #51 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrew1x View Post
Hey AK,

I've got most of the stuff I need for a similar audio setup as yours:

The wiring harness, antenna adapter, Ipod adapter, PAC switch are coming in the mail.

I plan on getting this installed very soon and now I have to bug you with a few questions:

I can't really tell from your pictures, but did you have to remove the license plate lights to install or make room for your rear-view camera?
YES. Left license plate light cover was removed. Basically what bigaudiofanat said.

I also noticed that your camera is closer to the left side of your license plate. Did you have to drill any holes to the body or inner plastic molding to make room as well? Some of the other members who have installed a rear-view camera have it installed on the right side so I'm wondering if it was due to fitment issues?
You can mount on either side. I would suggest to get a double sided or sticky tape and try out which position makes you happier. Drive around and feel for the perfect placement. You can mount it on Left, right and right by the hatch button. try them all out first before making your final decision.

Example 1: *videos* kenwood dnx6140 installed with pioneer rear view cam

Example 2: The Kenwood 7140, I wanted it!

I have the same Camera as you and was also wondering how you have it mounted: adhesive or bolted down etc
2 small screws . I can take picture for you if you want.

Aside from the camera questions lol, did you have to reset anything after the install was complete? IE: auto up/down windows, Syncro Rev Match, Maintenance interval settings, VDC traction control, etc?
Yes. The windows have to be reset. Instructions:
Quote:
If the windows do not close automatically
If the power window automatic function (closing
only) does not operate properly, perform the
following procedure to initialize the power
window system.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.

2. Close the door.

3. Open the window completely by operating
the power window switch.

4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to
close the window, and then hold the switch
more than 3 seconds after the window is
closed completely.

5. Release the power window switch. Operate
the window by the automatic function to
confirm the initialization is complete.

6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other
windows.
Also, please note, your synchroRev match gets turned off EVERYTIME you unattach the neg battery cable. Turn on SRM before driving away or else you'll feel the "clutch" on your first downshift

I noticed your update to this thread for the passenger air bag reset. I'll keep that in mind so that it is re-connected before I turn anything on. Preferably before I even re-connect the battery.:

I don't know if you have the IPOD adapter (it looks as if you do since its highlighted as a source option on one of your pics) but I was wondering where you have the cable for it routed? I plan on having it in the center arm rest near the 12V outlet like the touring models and the USB cable on the center console cabinet.
I have no ipod adapter but thinking about getting it. I do regret a little about drilling a hole in the cubby hole. If I were to do this again, I would simply put the USB link in the glove box since it doesn't require constant plugging and unplugging. This way there NO drilling required. If I have to sell my car and I plan on keeping my HU, I have to buy a new cubby hole for the new buyer.

I think that's about it; can't think of any more questions at the moment
Awesome! Can't wait to see it installed!
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote