View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdiel View Post
nothing, didn't say it did.

how do you know his MAF is in proper order? it's not possible to damage the MAF when moving from the OEM to stillen tubes?

OP questioned the possibility of his mods affecting timing. i know a properly installed/functioning stillen g3 intake is not going to cause timing problems. i only posited the possibility of something being loose and doing a simple check.

before he commits to the dealership taking his entire engine apart and be on the hook for about $1k in labor costs, maybe he should take 30min to simply check his intake?
I'm 100% sure any malfuction with the MAF sensor would throw a code, especially a loose connection. If the ECU does not detect the MAF sensor, instant CEL is pretty much a given. The engine will start, but cuts off as soon as you apply throttle. I know this because I forget to attach the harness to the MAF in my old Maxima once. I do agree that it doesn't hurt to check. A simple leak in the intake could throw off the ECU, but I doubt its enough to cause the damage the tech's are claiming. It's a scare tactic by the dealership to cover their a**, plain and simple. Assuming there is no CEL, the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove the mods did in fact cause the malfunction.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 07-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote