View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Abdiel
Base Member

Drives: 09 G37S 6MT
Abdiel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
What does Cobb tuning port have to do with the Stillen intake.
nothing, didn't say it did.

Quote:
The MAF sensor did not malfunction and if it did would not damage the cam & crank sensor. I'll give you the possibilty of damage to the timing if the MAF was tampered with, but that is not the case with a bolt on CAI without a tune.
how do you know his MAF is in proper order? it's not possible to damage the MAF when moving from the OEM to stillen tubes?

Quote:
The MAF is "CRITICAL" because the ECU needs that reading for the engine to function correctly. Your not changing a whole lot parameters when you switch to a CAI. It's just slightly denser/"colder" air which the ecu can compensate for. CAI is not the same as forced induction.
OP questioned the possibility of his mods affecting timing. i know a properly installed/functioning stillen g3 intake is not going to cause timing problems. i only posited the possibility of something being loose and doing a simple check.

before he commits to the dealership taking his entire engine apart and be on the hook for about $1k in labor costs, maybe he should take 30min to simply check his intake?
Abdiel is offline   Reply With Quote