View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #160 (permalink)
Reality
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '06 PPW GT
Reality is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
phunk, my setup consists of both in-tank baffling and in-tank pumps... there are two pumps in fact, and they feed to the main fuel pump. one at the rear, one on the drivers side. in addition there is baffling to help control the fuel from rolling around.

two things to note if you are going this route:

1) wiring! you need to use wiring that is specific to operation while submersed in fuel. if there is a short, can be bad news!

2) operation of the fuel level gauge. for whatever reason, mine no longer works now that i have this setup... please try to keep it operational in your kit

also, price... if you value price this, you can probably get people to pay you a lot for it given no one else is offering a solution to this problem... don't do that - it'll not help your rep long-term... the bill of materials for my kit is about $500, add in a reasonable margin and that's your target

good luck
LoL!
-Phunk@CJM is an Icon within the z33 community.. He knows the "runnin's", and is quite successful at what he does.
(IIRC, he holds the stock block, TT, whp record for the z33) - he must be doing something right!
//2005 35th SB #81 [tyra] SOLD
//2006 GT PPW SOLD
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote