View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
AB370Z
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport Nav M6
AB370Z will become famous soon enough

Not sure I want to add flames to this fire...but here goes.

I will start out by saying that I have lived and worked in your country as well so can appreciate some of the freedoms you have. How many of you have lived outside of the US?

Personal freedom and liberty is great, but it definitely comes with a price.

Canada's healthcare system is not perfect and without its flaws and tradeoffs. We don't have people going bankrupt or mortgaging their house to pay for major surgery as can happen in the US. Everyone is also entitled to basic universal healthcare service. Tradeoffs and flaws- our taxes are higher than yours; for non-essential / "elective" surgery, you may wait 6 months or more to be admitted for surgery (e.g. surgery for a minor but annoying sports injury to your knee). However, if I break my arm or get into a car accident or visit the doctor re a cold, I get attention right away and with some exceptions, I don't pay. When I say exceptions, Canada really has basic healthcare coverage for all. In Canada some still pay for private medical/dental plans that cover some prescriptions and services not covered by basic health care though. And as one said earlier, some still choose to pay to get faster service.

So we aren't as Commie as you might be lead to believe in your Fox News media.

I could add to Canadian differences and similarities to the US re business,banking,military, etc. but I don't think you guys really want to hear it.
AB370Z is offline   Reply With Quote