View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #314 (permalink)
kevr6
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1804 View Post
There were only 3 cars in the Street Modified category. I was certain that Kevin would win that. I got 3rd place as I expected once I heard the nismo belonged to one of the planners of ZCON. I figured there was no way they would justify Kevin not winning. They managed to do that very easily.

Truthfully, that show was not very welcoming to the 370Z community. Most of the judges had no ideas of the mods for our cars and what the heck they were judging. That's why a nismo with a shift knob and intakes won. IMO in order to qualify for street modified you should at least have custom wheels and exhaust on your vehicle.

The experience at ZCON was insulting to the guys on this forum who spend money on their car, making them look nice for shows, and hoping people will appreciate them.

ZCON was a Datsun show. Kevin you WON that class hands down!!!
Thanks James! You noticed how I wasn't to surprised!!
Our two cars were the only ones that really showed the potential of the 370Z body!