View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
EventHorizoN
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Audi S4 Quattro
EventHorizoN is a jewel in the roughEventHorizoN is a jewel in the roughEventHorizoN is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Dustin, you guys might think about offering a duct kit that directs airflow from the OEM front fascia to the core... using that setup, I've been able to run summer events in Arizona with only one setrab core... I'd guess it saved me ~20F. Mike B is also running this setup. Another thing you might consider is to reduce the gap between the oil cooler core and the radiator - I was told by some racing buds in AZ that a smaller gap there will make the leading core more efficient because it will help pull air through... no science to back that up, of course, so take it with a grain of salt

OP, you can mock up your own air flow duct/diverter to this core and try that as a next step... just go to ace hardware and buy some thin sheets of aluminum, cut to fit and mount up using rivets or frankly duct tape + velcro... the goal is to build a "box" leading up to the core so air has to go through the core and can't get around it
Hi Travis-Thanks for the ideas, I always dig mcguyver solutions. I'll keep you all posted as to what I decide to do.
EventHorizoN is offline   Reply With Quote