View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #304 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr6 View Post
Actually I placed second. The first place Nismo belonged to Chris Karl. He had intakes and a shift knob on his car.
He actually made up the judging criteria, so he knew just where to clean. I'm guessing that's why he won!! To me that's a confict of interest, but what do I know.
(It was funny how he left the pic of my car out during the slide show announcements at the banquet! He knew the crowd would not agree.)
I have a pic of that!!

Also, my car was spotless and the judges were knit picking to the extreme!

I've judged VW/Audi shows 6 years in a row that were three times as large so I have some experience.
One major part of judging a "Modified" class is how the vehicle was modified and how it all ties together. The guys that were judging admitted that their cars were stock!! They shouldn't have been judges. It's over and Z Nationals is coming up soon!! That is a real show and I can't wait!!
I too was perplexed by the whole thing. I figured the best I'd do was maybe third if I was lucky in Street Modified. Then found out I took first in stock (I'm considered stock, really?) in addition to People's Choice for 370Zs. When I didn't see Kevin in first I just said, "WTF?". Very odd to me but I have little experience in these sanctioned things. I guess I'll wait to see the official tally to see just what transpired. I too am looking forward to Z Nationals!

Last edited by ZCarMan; 07-25-2011 at 04:08 PM.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote