View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
EventHorizoN
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Audi S4 Quattro
EventHorizoN is a jewel in the roughEventHorizoN is a jewel in the roughEventHorizoN is a jewel in the rough
Default Oil Temperature Issues

Hello Fellow Z Car owners,

Just recently I purchased the Z1 Motorsports 370Z Oil Cooler Kit.

The kit includes:
# 1x Setrab Oil Cooler Core (19 Row Standard; Additional sizes available)
# 1x Z1 -10 AN SS Oil Cooler Line Set (Optional protective sleeving available pre-installed)
# 1x Mocal Sandwich Adapter (Non-Thermostatic Standard; Optional Thermostatic model available)
# 1x Setrab Oil Cooler Lower Mount
# 1x Z1 Motorsports Oil Cooler Upper Mount
# 1x Z1 Motorsports 370Z Oil Cooler Install Hardware Kit
# 1x Z1 Motorsports 370Z Oil Cooler Installation Instructions
# 2x Setrab (-10 AN to 22mm Port) adapter fittings (Cooler)
# 2x Mocal (-10 AN to 22mm Port) adapter fittings (Sandwich adapter)
# 2x 13/16" Rubber Seal (Sandwich Adapter)

Some friends and I recently installed the same kit on my good friends 2010 370z. It works amazing on his car both on the street and on the track.

However, with mine its not the case. This past weekend I went to Streets of Willow and had some serious Oil Temp issues even with the Cooler installed. I know its working because I never have a rise above 180 degrees driving on the public roads. Yet, when I started driving on the track the temps jumped from 180 all the way to 260+ Thus making the car go into limp mode. Basically the car was running the same as when the Oil Cooler wasn't installed. Which makes no sense when my friends is working properly with heavy tracking.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so what measures should I take to resolve this immediately! Thank you all in advance, and looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback!

Thank you!

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Setrab_oil_cooler.jpg (156.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg mod_man.jpg (129.0 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by EventHorizoN; 07-25-2011 at 12:49 PM.
EventHorizoN is offline   Reply With Quote