View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
Ahh. I know I definitely wasn't getting up to 2k, I was probably closer to 1k or maybe even less, although I wasn't really looking at the tach. My guess is you guys hit the nail on the head that I was releasing too fast and not giving it enough throttle.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't going to be able to drive it perfectly the first time, so I'm not beating myself up over that. I just feel like sometimes I don't have enough knowledge about it to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Like, I probably would have been afraid to rev to 2K if you hadn't mentioned it.

It didn't help that the guy giving me the test drive was basically a douche and offered zero feedback to me (he knew I was a novice manual driver). Oh well.
i can tell you that even between my G and Z the clutch and throttle feels very different so the first 1mile of driving in the Z is like my adjustment period each time.

ive been to a mazadah dealer where the salesbag had no experience with MT and he asked me to pull a car out for another customer while i was waiting for another unrelated car to test drive.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote