View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
Z likes higher rpm (2k) and a slightly longer slip than most manuals I've driven. Otherwise as mentioned, she bucks like a sick donkey when fully engaged. don't worry about burning the clutch unless you're reving 3k before engagement.
Ahh. I know I definitely wasn't getting up to 2k, I was probably closer to 1k or maybe even less, although I wasn't really looking at the tach. My guess is you guys hit the nail on the head that I was releasing too fast and not giving it enough throttle.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't going to be able to drive it perfectly the first time, so I'm not beating myself up over that. I just feel like sometimes I don't have enough knowledge about it to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Like, I probably would have been afraid to rev to 2K if you hadn't mentioned it.

It didn't help that the guy giving me the test drive was basically a douche and offered zero feedback to me (he knew I was a novice manual driver). Oh well.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote