View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
dsimon40
Base Member

Drives: '10 370ZR 6MT
dsimon40 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys.

I just purchased a new holdover '10 T-Roadster about 3 weeks ago. The vehicle is of late '09 production at factory. While detailing it today, I noticed small, very faint brown like dots all over the hood. The dots are brown, almost rust color like. As I inspected it closer I found these markings all over the fenders, q-panels, deck lid, mirror casings, etc. At first I thought it was over spray but I haven't been around anything that was being painted. I began to think it might have been tree sap from somewhere but the vehicle stays covered all day long on ONLY driven on the weekends (not a daily driver).

Since I thought it was over spray, I opened the deck lid and checked that area around the seams and found it even under the deck lid. The only time when that area is exposed is when the trunk is opened at the hinge areas. I tried cleaning a small area and it did improve, however, the dot did become more faint, but it's still visible and appears to have bleed into the paint or clear coat application.

After opening and reading this thread and seeing everyone's comments about their vehicles, I'm beginning to believe that mine may have suffered the same fate. Although, I found no traces of bubbling, I did find these "dots".

I've tried taking photos but you can't see them clearly even with a DSLR with a good lens.

Thoughts?
dsimon40 is offline   Reply With Quote