View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #4083 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Mr Kenchan,

Yep -- shoot aperature priority on a small (high number) f-stop for maximum depth of field. I spend the afternoon lens shopping. I am decidin between a Sigma 120-400 and Canon 100-400.

I am trying to take my time, perform due-diligence and not make an impulse buy which I almost did. I came home and my wife was smiling at me. I asked what is up and she said "where is the lens?" She was shocked I came home empty handed.
mr.onzedge- thank you for the tip on the f-stop. LOL at mrs.onzedge shocked at you coming home empty handed. i have a wishlist saved in my computer...it's just a matter of clicking a few buttons to get that macbook and other goodies... i am but then yet again if im going to have the time to REALLY get into this hobby. hahaha.

this is a full auto mode with CLP... i wanted to see what the camera would decide on its own. the rear quarter is over exposed but came out better than i thought it would in the hot sun today (around 3pm)... btw, never mind the composition yet, i am trying to get the exposure and colors correct along with not shaking the camera, focus, metering, etc. etc. etc.