View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
ricer333
Base Member

Drives: 01 Ford Taurus SES
ricer333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkster View Post
Its all about Looks. Some people Like the look of 19s or 20s as they "fill" the wheel opening and help eliminate the dreaded "wheel gap"

Personally I don't like 19s, Tires cost more, wheels weigh more, all for a "look"

Plus I am screwed as an autocrosser as the 370 with SP only comes with 19s. That means Hoosiers which are more expensive and don't last as long. Hoosiers are grippier when fresh but that fresh feeling only lasts about 12-20 runs by 30 - 40 runs you have corded the tires. Kumho on the other hand get around 80-100 runs before cording, though you only get great grip up till around 25ish runs then they are local event only tires.
I love Khumo tires. When I was on their site last though I was unable to find tires that fit the dimensions of the 19". The 18", yes they have those. Any new word on this?

You could always buy the 19" rims and then swap out for some 18" rims. that way you get all the perks of the Sports Package.