View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #54 (permalink)
Alexus
Base Member

Drives: The Beast
Alexus is on a distinguished road

Indeed, the common conception that the economical situation the U.S. has been put in is not the fault of any particular president, even though the Iraq War's 600 billion dollar debt was the fault of a trigger-happy president.

I believe that the economical situation is the banks' fault, for giving low-interest mortgages that were thousands more than the real estate's networth.

What the American people do not seem to understand is that socialized healthcare has been present in a vast majority of industrialized countries for decades, and with great success. As far as I know, these countries are also far more economically stable than the U.S. The people there always have the option of privatized healthcare, as we do here in Canada with the university medical centers and private clinics. The U.S. has always been a bit behind... I mean, seat belts have just been made into law in a lot of states. Riding in the back of a pickup truck or riding a motorbike without a helmet is still permitted, which is utterly ridiculous.

I don't want to be bashing anyone here but this is the direction most of the world is heading towards and I guess you guys will just have to get used to it. It just boggles my mind how the American people are never utterly happy of who they have elected, even if the opposing party was an even poorer choice. I guess this is what happens in a country with only two political parties; a massive line is drawn, and the two sides never truly get along. The result? The U.S. stagnates in the same pool it was created in, making the country utterly retarded politically and developmentally.

Last edited by Alexus; 07-23-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Alexus is offline   Reply With Quote