View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
My biggest concern is damaging the Z from the road salt and other gunk. Is that something that would significantly lower the resale value?
not necessarily. first clearbra your front end so that you minimize salt and rock kickup penetrating your paint.

if you wash your car frequently when temps are over 30F, chances are your corrosion can be kept at a minimum. if you continue to cycle your car by defrosting it in the garage every night you will accelerate corrosion... so i keep my dd's outside after driving in salt to keep the moisture frozen.

salt by itself doesnt corrode as fast as salt + moisture.

then do a through clensing in the spring. while it will never match the non-corroded hiberating Z, it won't be too bad...
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote