View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #53 (permalink)
mannyz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: a car
mannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond reputemannyz has a reputation beyond repute

Im surprise this thread is not burning in flames, with all the politics attached. But to really answer the question. IMO the economy is the way it is not because fault of any president but more because of the companies that are in full contact with the majority, companies like electricity, banks, insurance, water, cable, etc. These companies are in a 24x7 contact with the population and they are undiscriminating raising prices for everything while our salaries stay the same, so our social life is going high than our income, thats when people start getting in debt to be able to survive, not expecting that a credit card or a loan they took with 3% interest will go up to 10% in a matter of months, or that a house that you bought for your family instead of paying $1,000 a month now the association fees, the taxes, the insurance, etc are rasing your bills and now the payment jumps to $1,500.

Have you guys noticed your bills, phone, water, elect, etc Have you noticed how maybe your electric bill is $50, but at the end with taxes and stupid idk Wtf fees goes up to $$80? I even have to get rid of my home phone because here in Florida they started charging Hurricane Zone Fee! WTF? My Credit Cards went from 4.99 to 7.99 to 10.99 to 14.99 and now they are at 17 to 29.99 and when you call them they just tell you they raised it for everyone.

Now additional to that small companies are getting affected by the same outrages increases, so they cannot keep employees, so they fired your wife or your husband but your bills and expenses stayed the same, so now only 1 person is responsible of ALL those payments until the partner can find a job. And they squeeze the family so much than husbands and wifes to be able to survive for their kids, they made the desicion of fk it, take the house, take the car, I dont pay the credit cards, but I will use the money I have left to find a roof and food for my family. And what pisses me off from the banks is that your house is worth $200k, you try to refinance to pay your bills and they tell you "No sorry the house is worth $150 we cnanot give you the money" IF you are struggling paying your house, they dont help you they squeeze you to force you to pay, then if you dont pay the house they kick you out, so now the bank has this big as house that needs to sell, and they go ahead and sell it for $75k or $100k. WTF, if you could sell it for that amount, why not sell it to me that I've been paying the house for the same price? and I continue living and paying the house?

I think the economy is not gona get better by asking for more money, I think the departments that are in charge (not only the president cause they do have people that are suppose to be doing their job) of the economy should go behind these companies and control them, because they are the ones squeezing peoples money. Sht I cant even go to Olive Garden now without spending 11 to $12 in just one dish.

But that is my long *** opinion

Last edited by mannyz; 07-23-2009 at 08:42 AM.
mannyz is offline   Reply With Quote