View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Killer View Post
Alright guys this is the thing. My buddy has a 2000 camaro with exhaust and a cam. The car is expected to have 380-400whp. His car is expected to be a mid 12 sec car. Now his launches average 2.2 and up for his 60fter. His car is about 200lbs lighter than my vehicle stock. The big factor, my buddy is 400lbs himself.

Now to my car. As of right now my baseline dyno is 285whp stock. Parts that will be installed are F.I. LTH, TDX CBE 18"resonators, Stillen UD puelly, oil cooler, g3 intake, NST overdrive alternator pulley, JWT clutch and flywheel combo. Tires are going to be RE-11's. 265/35F 285/25R on 19"Rays. Now as of about 3 weeks ago I am down to 180. The aftermarket parts will drop about 48lbs off the car. My 60fters are not the best either seeing as I have only driven at the track twice ever in my life. I think my best was a 2.1

I know I have an uphill battle but am I missing anything to help me out in this situation?
/\ turbos or a S/c. j/k, well not really but if you want to make it more competitive/really increase your odds of winning, get the 4.08 gears. Sounds like you've got all the bolt on mods done. With an equal 60ft, and with what you've listed, I think it could go either way with an edge going to your friend honestly.