View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 02:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
bboypuertoroc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '06 Evo IX GSR
bboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfblu13 View Post
If you're going to straight line race.. do it on a track.

I'm sorry I could care less how "careful" you are. Don't get me wrong I've done the same thing in my day. Although I look back and see how stupid it was. Take it to a track, if you can afford the mods, you can afford the track. Just my personal opinion.

It takes no "driving" skill what so ever to go in a straight line. Sorry but it's true.

A real track takes skill, if you are good it will show. Have fun there man it's the best kind of fun, legally lol.

I'm done my /rant lol. I just hope people listen to what I preach lol.. That's what it comes down too.
So you're the type that thinks drag racing takes no skill...

We race from digs, not rolls. Rolls are for fat people, Thanksgiving dinner, and people that can't drive.

Try consistently launching a car cutting 1.6 60's on street tires and hit your optimum shift points for each gear... consistently.

Also, I don't only drag. I run in the twisties as well (roads that are closed off to the public after a certain time and closed off to ALL for a period of time as well, with gate guards at each end).

And like I said already... I would LOVE to take it to the track.