View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
bboypuertoroc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '06 Evo IX GSR
bboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanningZ View Post
2. You can never determine when or there wont be traffic, no matter how far you can see ahead.

Um, yes we can. You can see headlights up there literally for miles. We CAN determine the traffic. Also, there's NO traffic in that area at night... I've lived here for 3 years, trust me. You've most likely never been there in your life.

3.) one car or 10 doesn't matter its dangerous.

Dangerous as opposed to what? Rush hour is more dangerous out here than what we do.

4.) The track. Thats why there are official meets, autocross, and forum groups who get together on a closed course.

Really? The track? Do you mean the track that doesn't exist on this island? Do you know what we had to do to go to a track? Load our cars up on a ferry and go to Maui. Each of us easily spent around $1000 EACH for ONE track day. And guess what? We no longer have a ferry, so we no longer (again) have access to a race track.

There is NO excuse for street racing. You take your life and other lives and totally disregard them.

I'll disregard my life whenever I damn well chose, whether it be skydiving, surfing, racing, whatever the hell else I want. Myself as well as the rest of the people that go out know damn well the consequences. Do I put others at risk? As much as they do themselves. Like I said, one car in THREE years came by on that road. I hardly say I put anyone in danger that didn't want to be.

Now before the flame shield goes up I have to say that I am an experienced driver, and I have street raced Numerous times. That's before I totaled a car, and had some other friends die or get seriously injured. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, I just have been there and learned from my experience.

Keep it off public streets, and in a closed coourse enviornemnt where you don't have all those risk factors.

Believe me, if we had a track I'd be there on a weekly basis and would have absolutely no use for the street.
Responses in bold.