View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 02:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
BanningZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06' Nismo Frontier
BanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc View Post
I'm SO glad you jumped on this.

1. There IS such a thing as a street racer with experience. I have PLENTY of experience. Well over 100 drag passes (in the Evo alone) and over 3 seasons of auto-x, three years of running in the mountains, etc. Of course none of this is gonna mitigate what other drivers on the road will do, which is why...

2. I DO NOT race in areas with ANY kind of traffic (that's the **** idiots do). We make absolutely sure there's no traffic before we run. Anything that might HAPPEN to come by is well known since there's there's only 2 ways onto the street (one on each end) and we have cars posted to let us know. On top of that, we race in the middle of the night (anywhere from 12-3) to further limit the chance of traffic. I remember once in the past 3 years a car came down our road while we were there.

3. We don't roll out like some big ricer rice-fest... we go out with about 10 cars MAX. We also don't take idiots that don't know how to control their car with us.

4. Find me an alternative.

2. You can never determine when will be or wont be traffic, no matter how far you can see ahead.

3.) one car or 10 doesn't matter its dangerous.

4.) The track. Thats why there are official meets, autocross, and forum groups who get together on a closed course.

There is NO excuse for street racing. You take your life and other lives and totally disregard them.

Now before the flame shield goes up I have to say that I am an experienced driver, and I have street raced Numerous times. That's before I totaled a car, and had some other friends die or get seriously injured. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, I just have been there and learned from my experience.

Keep it off public streets, and in a closed coourse enviornemnt where you don't have all those risk factors.

MB 06' Nismo VQ40DE