View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #52 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, what a coincidence that I found this thread. I'm currently having the EXACT SAME ISSUE on my 1997 Nissan Maxima. Of course, one would expect such issues on an older car with >100K miles, not on a newer 370Z. But my course of action has been nearly identifical. First we thought it was a starter issue but it wasn't. Then we saw that fuel pressure was dropping when starting the car so my guy recommended a fuel pump replacement. Luckily it didn't cost me much in labor because in my Maxima the fuel pump is really easy to get to via an access panel under the back seat. I also had the strong smell of gasoline in my car for a few days after they did the replacement and I was assured this was normal, and just due to some gas splashing during the replacement.

So then I drove around for a few weeks and the issue seemed to mostly be gone. It didn't start 100% normal like I've been used to for years, but it also didn't have to crank for 10+ seconds to start. This seemed consistent whether or not I was cold starting or starting after a 15+ minute break.

Well guess what, now the issue is coming back. And just like everyone else that is having this issue, it mostly affects my starts when I leave the car for 15 minutes to a few hours and come back. When I start it in the morning it starts much easier and quicker, although not perfect.

I'm going back to my guy and letting him know everything that has happened but so far I don't have a fix either. If I find out anything I'll post here because who knows, it might be relevant.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote