View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
pro-tect mbl
Banned

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
pro-tect mbl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somberlaine View Post
scotchgard or venturshield...both are made by 3M. which one would you choose?
Ventureshield is a much better film. Scotchguard has too much "orange peel" in it, too strong of an adhesive... makes removing it almost impossible, and is very difficult to install. Ventureshield was its own film and had the majority of the market share (because it was superior) so 3M bought them. It is still a seperate film although when 3M bought them they moved the manufacturing to a 3M facility and there were NUMEROUS quality control issues. They have it corrected now and the film is fine. It is no longer a lifetime warranty though as 3M changed it to 5 years. I still honor the lifetime warranty with my clients as I have used the film for years and have never had a warranty issue. So I know it will last if properly maintained.

Another film that is looking actually better than Ventureshield is Avery Nano Fusion. it comes with a true lifetime warranty for both material and labor. It is embedded with the clear coat material making it nearly impossible to stain. It is perfectly smooth and easy to install. The only downsides are the cost (it is the newest technology so it is a little more) and it only comes in widths up to 40". So I still have to use Ventureshield to wrap full hood and most full fenders.
pro-tect mbl is offline   Reply With Quote