View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
EazyD
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 6MT Sport pkg.
EazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Mac OSX Lion released today

It's available in the Mac App Store for $29.99. It took 30-45 minutes to download [over 3.4 gigabytes] and 35 minutes to install on my iMac.

Has anyone else gotten it?

So far, it's been pretty neat although there are some things to get used to:
-Scrollbars appear only when scrolling
-Scrolling up and down with a touchpad or MagicMouse is 'backwards' from a normal scroll wheel now - this is supposed to make it like an iOS app. I'm going to see if I can get used to it. Otherwise, they have a checkbox to go back to normal.
-Supported apps can go into Fullscreen mode with an icon on the top-right of the app. (or Control-Command-F)
-You can gesture between Full-screen apps and your spaces, etc.
-"Back" and "Forward" in the browser can be done with a gesture and it actually sort of 'slides' the previous page into view seamlessly... really cool for this forum.
-Mail, iCal, etc are set up nicer. Mail looks like the iPad app now.

A super in-depth review of Lion can be seen here: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion: the Ars Technica review (it's 19 pages long )

Any other neat things you found?

Pearl White 2010 370Z Sport, Stillen CBE, tint, K&N drop-in filters, GT-R start button, Kenwood DNX-6980 with backup cam, LED bulbs, Raceseng shift knob.
EazyD is offline   Reply With Quote