Thread: [WANTED] Sport Package Hatch Struts
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Svre46
Base Member

Drives: 15' GTR
Svre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
But wouldn't they not cover that under warranty if I clearly added an aftermarket spoiler?
I think the springs (they do the initial "pop")/struts are all the same in either the sport or base. I doubt there is a different part number over the spoiler. I guess it will depend on the dealership. My dealership has a few base /touring with a spoiler they added as an option. My spoiler is identical to the sport but not OEM and there were no issues when I took it in. Just say it has always done it and you did not bring it in until you were free. Those little springs as far as I know are inexpensive either way. The hatch on these cars sucks IMO considering the amount I hear about with opening issues. If yours is carbon I doubt it ways any more than the sport spoiler anyway.
Svre46 is offline   Reply With Quote