View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blackcrimzon
Base Member

Drives: Nismo 370z 09
Blackcrimzon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Not really sure, but that's what Dreamer was saying in every thread I read about them

It was just at work, so I didn't get to spend too much time doing research on them.

Let's just assume a tune is a given after I get all of my bolt-on breather mods. What I want to know is after getting an exhaust (I have the Berk), Berk HFC, and G3 intakes, would it be worth it to get these headers? Don't want to go with the FI LTH because of the issue with eliminating cats. Or would something like the Motordyne intake manifold be better?

Basically I'm trying to figure out which of these combinations would be best:

Exhaust/HFC/Intakes/Tune
Exhaust/HFC/Intakes/Headers/Tune
Exhaust/HFC/Intakes/Intake Manifold/Tune
I almost have the second set up. I have a Berk exhaust, Berk HFC and stillen headers. Now I can't speak for different headers but with the Stillen headers it makes the HFC, and Berk exhaust not fit right. I first installed the headers and then the rest. After I installed the Berk exhaust and the HFCs the exhaust didn’t sit right under my car. I was planning on making a thread about this later when I was able to get some pictures up but haven’t gotten around to taking the pictures or fixing the problem. Under the car the exhaust toward the end passes over a metal plate and under the car itself. I don’t know if it’s the exhaust or the headers but it makes the exhaust sit on top of that plate. So at around 4500 rpms my exhaust rattles a bit against the metal plate and causes a very terrible noise. I called Berk about this and I told them what was going on. I didn’t know what was causing this at the time that I called and I wanted to ask them if they knew what was causing the noise. The very first thing that they asked me was if I had Stillen headers and I said how did you know that? They said that the Stillen headers are a bit different then stock. They push the Berk Exhaust back and down. They told me that I should loosen up my exhaust and push it up as high as I can and then retighten it. I haven’t done this yet as I work to much but I hope to this weekend. Honestly if I had to do it over again I wouldn’t have bought the headers. I would sell them if I could find someone to take them out for me. I haven’t taken them out for if it did it would cost me about 400 and I would sell the headers for about that much. So in the end the headers would pay for the removal. So my two cents would be not to spend the money on headers.

Last edited by Blackcrimzon; 07-20-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Blackcrimzon is offline   Reply With Quote