View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
DJ-of-E
Track Member

Drives: 00 Toyota Celica 040
DJ-of-E is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitbyadampayi View Post
The first cop I went to looked me up and down, said no and walked away and when I said I can't drill a hole into my car just shrugged and said oh well whatever. The other lady told me to get over it and do it so I dont get in trouble. Then proceeded to tell me that maybe next time I shouldn't get a car like this so I wouldn't get myself in trouble. Wth does that have to do with anything haha.
You know, that statement does make you sound like a spoiled brat. I use to think that way when I was younger with my 240sx, but the law is the law. Same goes for speeding and reckless driving. It's not like it's a new law that recently came out and this is a very well known issue.

I don't like that law, but I do understand why. In the Law Enforcement's point of view, a front license place makes a lot more sense in order to identify the vehicle instantly. The only we to get around it is if we have some form of GPS/BLUETOOTH so that the police could identify "this Z belongs to Johnny." I mean, what happens if someone stole your car and you have Lo-Jack, how could they identify this gunmetal Z is yours and not the wrong persons'? Otherwise, this is what we have to work with for now.

As to why $75, there's always room for competition. You have a right to either buy their product or buy someone else's or create your very own bracket. I'm pretty sure raw materials costs no more than $15, but making exact thread to create the thread on a bar/pipe of metal takes a lot of work and time. Lastly, I don't like how it looks as a daily, but if you need to take photo-shoots, I love how all I need is a monkey wrench and spend only 10 seconds removing the thing w/ license plate in tacked without scratching the bumper.

Also, you live in Orange County. You, of all people, should know how stupidly expensive a fix it ticket costs now.

Last edited by DJ-of-E; 07-20-2011 at 02:01 PM.
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote