View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
tb_IGM
Base Member

Drives: Nissan Pathfinder
tb_IGM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zblues View Post
I just wanted to post this for those in the market for a 370z in the Houston area. I found 2 dealers in the Houston area that have given me VPP pricing (David McDavid and Sterling McCall). I worked with Eddy Machete at McDavid and Stephen Baker at Sterling McCall. I bought at Sterling McCall because of the better trade-in offer. I chose the Monterey Blue Touring under VPP D plan pricing. The MSRP for this car is $35490. The invoice price is $32173. The VPP D Plan price is $32765.88. (side note- Sterling McCall had to dealerswap for the model/color I wanted. VPP restrictions prohibited them to add any items that were not on the manufacturers invoice which turned out to be the illuminated sill plate and window tint that was added on by the dealer. So I got those 2 addons "free" which Sterling McCall had to absorb in the deal.

I also contacted 3 other dealers (Baytown Nissan, Baker Jackson South and Tom Peacock Nissan). These dealers said no VPP pricing and were still asking at MSRP or $300 below MSRP even after I told them I had two firm offers of VPP. They either said that there is a hidden cost or told me I was mistaken. I would not recommend Baker Jackson South as they were the least honest about their business practices (telling me a particular car was available, then I find that it is sold to charity just before I get there, but of course, there are these other models available that I can purchase....etc)

I commend the two salesmen I dealt with at McDavid and Sterling McCall for being upfront and straightforward.

I hope this helps future 370Z owners in the Houston area
Thanks, I lived in Houston and this is very helpful information. I was planning to Tom Peacock Nissan but after this I would go to the others dealers you mentioned. Thanks a lot.
tb_IGM is offline   Reply With Quote