View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Masa
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Family Cars
Masa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
I guess we can always just try doing the roof in flat black and see how it looks, If its bad It can always be removed. Maybe just one layer of clear applied after the plasti dip dries will be ok? The info that I read used 3 layers.

How ling does the whole process (masking, application, drying) take? I'm down to do it next Saturday, but I have a wedding to go to around 7-8 pm. If we can be done before then next Saturday will be good (July 23rd). We can do fangs + valence or try experimenting with the roof.
It only took me and Solid Katfish around 45 mins to do the rear valence. That included taping the area off and applying 3 coats. We did however have a giant shop fan blowing on the car between layers so that probably sped things up quite a bit