View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Masa
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Family Cars
Masa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Looks like they have a create your own color kit, but it might be kind of hard to get it gun metal. Ron, did you use just the black or did you use the clear as well? I'm assuming using the clear gives it a glossy finish?
Hey Shahid, like Kenny said, I just used three coats of the plastidip. The finished product has a satin sheen/finish to it - pretty close to how the black parts on our front grille look.

Adding clear to the top will def give it a hi gloss look. Let me know when you are up to do the roof, I am down to help and doucment

I def. want to do these to my wheels, the fact that there is no prep and you can peel it off without ruining anything just makes it that much more tempting.