View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nikon FM
Track Member

Drives: 03 996TT Porsche
Nikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carbotech XP12 and XP10 with Stillen J-Hook Rotors

Last week I had an HPDE and lapping evening back to back. I ran the car at Pacific Raceways which is a fairly technical track with approximately +130-140mph on the main straight into the first turn (lots of braking and then following a +100mph downhill into a couple of very tight corners (tons more braking) followed by a back straight (again +100mph) into a chicane. These back to back sections seriously heated up my rotors due to the serious friction the XP12s and XP10s generated….essentially the Stillan J-Hooks were no match for the heat and warped.

What I did not do was apply the brakes while stopped or slowly rolling so I didn't motivate the warpage.

My next course will be to add front cooling and turn the rotors….(before another rotor purchase)

Thoughts?

Buddy Revell: "One man's sooner is another man's later"

Last edited by Nikon FM; 07-17-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Nikon FM is offline   Reply With Quote