View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I have the automatic transmission and hear the clunk as well ever since 500 miles I noticed it. Only from N to D or N to R. Very annoying, and it does not sound right at all. I do not believe there is play in the drive train, since the clunk happens sometimes when the car is already rolling after I let my foot of the brake. It seems that when I slow down on engine-brake or regular brake and come to a slowdown or stop, then accelerate, I hear the clunk again. I read somewhere that it could be some CV joint or half-shaft or differential mount issue. I went to the dealer and he said he checked it with a new Z on the lot and said it is normal. I took his word for it, but I am going back again Saturday to actually try a new Z to see it the clunk is present on a brand new one.
JvKintheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote