View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Shamu;1217044]I agree somewhat with your intial assessment. However with some more seat time, proper setup I think you will be more impressed with the car. The Nismo really need good sticky Hoosier a6s to exploit it's capability.

It's weak points are silly stock VLSD - its not much better than an open diff. And Nismo suspension isn't track ready. With JRZ pro RS coil overs my Nismo came alive. With 1000 lb front springs and 400 lb rears rear end sets nicely and car is very neutral with no understeer. It's one of the fastest street cars at PCA events now. Runs even with well driven Cayman S's and GT3s. Last event the Nismo was top 4 less than a second behind a couple race slick clad sub 2000 lb Porsche race cars. Two 997 gt3 and a 997 GTS RS were behind my car. Closest Boxster S on Hoosiers was two seconds back. It's taken me 6 months to really start extracting potential from this car. Hang in there!

On track I have fun passing track prepared Cayman S, 944 turbo and even a GT3.
I want to put a twin turbo on my car to shoot for top time of the day at PCA event. Lol![/QUOTE]

/\ I would think hard about that Shamu before pulling the trigger. You'll tear your hair out having to create custom cooling solutions for the car so you can run her reliably on the track.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote