View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #102 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I figured there is no point making a new one.

I have finally put on the exhaust. Unfortunately the H-pipe clamp that came with my catback was 4 mm too large and did not fit. It ended up breaking so I am running it without the clamp for now.

Sound:

It sounds amazing in person and what ever videos you hear on here or youtube will do it no justice. If I cruise, it is very quiet and the road noise ends up being louder. If you drive and gas very lightly, the car isn't that loud but if you get on it a little it will sound like sex on wheels. 10/10 for sound...

Quality:

The build quality is 9/10. I would of given it a 10/10 if the bracket that was cut off was actually welded on correctly. The fitment is also perfect and I don't know what else to say as the pictures from this thread explains the quality. In the end it all works out great as I got the catback on a discount.

Power:

I have no idea as I have yet to redline the car with the exhaust. I probably wouldn't be able to tell unless I jump on a dyno.

Overall conclusion:

For the price of the exhaust, even without the discount I received, it is well worth it. Considering all the other competitions out there are hundreds more. The only real complaint I have about this is that when I ordered the catback, it was missing a gasket and the packaging was disappointing. UPS threw my box around like a piece of crap and the exhaust ended up being dented in a couple spots. On top of the missing gasket and poor packaging, the clamp was 4mm off and ended up breaking during the install. Hopefully CNT or ERZ will send me one that fits.

Sorry that I do not have any pictures. I am waiting to get my hands on a better camera to post them. I believe I am the first nismo to have a CNT catback installed.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote