View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
Does this void the warrantee?
You will find that no one will give you a straight answer. Technically, part of your warranty, in this case could be the engine/ecu, could be voided if a dealer can prove that an UpRev tune caused the damage. The warranty for the rest of the car would remain intact. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, most dealer techs aren't all that perceptive to these thing. They will however, look for anything and everything different from OEM to lay blame on You.

From UpRev Site
Quote:
It is possible that your local service department will discover your ECU modification. The Osiris flash does not affect any functionality of the Consult II or III and is transparent to common maintenance and diagnostic procedures. In the unlikely event that a service tech were to test for our map switching, then they will know it has been flashed.
As far as possible damage caused by a tune, I'm a complete noob. I've heard horror stories with improper tuning on force induction cars blowing up engines, but that's an entirely different animal all together. The UpRev tune usually keeps the settings within a safe parameter.

This is why I will likely wait until my warranty ends to do this. I purchased an extended warranty and feel it would be a waste should the unfortunate happen. The Dealership is enough of a headache for simple warranty work.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 07-14-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote