View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Thanks for your input Chris reps for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
By the way all... the stock spare according to the weight savings thread is 35 lbs. a car that weighs 3300 lbs with appoximately 260 whp (just a guess on the baseline) has 0.07492795389049 hp per lb... so taking out your spare is like adding about 2.6 hp... so remember when you add a mod that adds weight, though you are gaining some, you are also losing some.... i'm sure most of you know that... it's just a little fact.

*edit* actually it's 3470 lbs ... I also added my weight of 170 lbs. I guess it's time to cut again :-D
Yes weight savings can help improve a butt dyno, but on a rotary 'real' dyno, it won't matter. So its up to you... But when swapping intakes for stock ones, the weight 'savings' won't be drastic enough to notice. That's when you start swapping brake rotors, wheels, exhaust, interior panels, trunk, etc... And unless you're planning on taking it to the strip/track, weight savings won't really matter. This is why I don't mind my 150lbs of dead weight [stereo] in the trunk.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14