View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
The main reason people don't see massive gains from intake mods is the fact the stock intakes are already pretty well designed. They draw air from in front of the radiator, and send it to the throttles. This is why a lot of people see good gains from drop ins/maf tubes... removing the accordion section of the stock intake improves flow.

Now with the Injens/AEMs their design is alright, but filter placement is poor.

With the Takeda/R2C short ram intakes don't do much since they pull engine bay air. (Top Secret claims to do better than stillen with a short ram design, but there have been no independent dyno's to back this up)

With the stillens yes you have to remove the front bumper to install/clean filters... but once installed, you only need to clean the filters every 30k miles or so... so it's not like once a month. I don't want to take off my bumper either, but that's not too unreasonable...

Just my
/\ x2 good info right there.